Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli And Rice is one satisfying and delicious dinner. I’d definitely whip this up midweek, or when work and kids collide! It’s easy to put together and incredibly filling. You have meat, rice veggies and loads of cheese!…
Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli And Rice is one satisfying and delicious dinner.
I’d definitely whip this up midweek, or when work and kids collide! It’s easy to put together and incredibly filling. You have meat, rice veggies and loads of cheese!
You should definitely bookmark this Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli And Rice recipe.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Brown Onion diced finely
- 500 grams Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper freshly ground (pepper), to taste
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups Broccoli Florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups Low-sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 1/2 cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Push chicken to one side of the pan and add additional tablespoon of olive oil to other side.
- Add the uncooked rice in the olive oil
- Sauté rice for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook chicken and rice mixture covered for about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook covered another 8 minutes on low, or until broccoli and rice are both tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in half a cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid, letting it sit for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.