Not everyone enjoys eating cherries, but those that do will absolutely love these Cherry Chocolate Muffins. Moist and fluffy with little gems of cherry and dark chocolate scattered throughout, they’re the perfect little sweet treat for when you need a chocolate fix. Don’t be surprised if they disappear fast though, they’re irresistible!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2.66 cups Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cubed and softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup Pitted Cherries
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and either spray a 12-hole muffin tin or line with paper liners. We used a large tin and got 12, but if you make them smaller you’ll get as many as 18.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and the sugar on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Then add the vanilla extract.
- To this beat in one third of the dry ingredients, along with one third of the yoghurt. Repeat until all of the wet and dry has been combined.
- Toss through the cherries, chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts. Batter will be quite thick.
- Divide evenly in your muffin pan and pop into the oven. Bake for 8 minutes and then decrease temperature slightly to 190 before baking another 8-10 minutes. Check that a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan for five minutes before removing and cooling all the way through prior to serving.