This Chicken Bone Broth is the best soup you will ever eat!
Just add your favourite veggies for a healing cup-of-soup that will beat the winter blues, colds and flus and tastes amazing!
Something like this Healthy Noodle Bowl.
This recipe makes 5 litres usually but the amount may vary. You will need to top the water up as you go. Keep an eye on it every now and then. I used a 10 lt. pot.
To really build the gelatin (the stuff that is super good for you and helps heals things light cold and flu and a faster recovery for lots of illness’) add half a dozen necks too.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 8 Chicken Carcasses
- 3 Carrots
- 5 Sticks Celery
- 1 Brown Onion, Skin On
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- 1 Parsley
- 1 10 Cm Piece Ginger
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 Pinch Rosemary
- 1 Pinch Thyme
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place chicken carcases in a 10 litre pot. Cover with cold water and cook over medium heat until the water starts to simmer.
- Drain the water, rinse the chicken carcases, and fill the pot with water again, apple cider vinegar and place over medium heat.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- Add half of the other ingredients and simmer for another 3 hours.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another hour.
- Strain the stock in a fine sieve and discard veg and carcases. You will need to drain it twice to remove the bits you don’t want.
- Allow to cool and place in the fridge or divide into bags or containers and freeze.