There’s nothing we love better than a salad, and this Chicken Couscous Salad is a great one. It’s perfect for a lunch or on the side of a family dinner, and an ideal way to use up cooked chicken. This is our go-to satisfying salad when we’ve cooked up a Steggles roast chicken and we’ve got some leftover, which is pretty much always! Yummy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pearl Couscous
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 medium Zucchini chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Or Grape Tomatoes
- 5 cups Rocket or mixed leaves
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Dressing
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken shredded
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- In a pan, heat 1 tbs of the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the pearl couscous and allow to toast for a few minutes, until golden brown in colour.
- To this add the chicken broth and bring to a boil before reducing heat, covering, and allowing to simmer for 10 minutes until couscous is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Set aside in bowl.
- In a non-stick pan heat the rest of the olive oil. Add the onion and minced garlic, cooking until soft and fragrant. Add in the chopped zucchini, and cook until tender. Stir through the couscous.
- In a large bowl mix the couscous along with the chicken, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Toss through the dressing, adding more to taste. Serve with the rocket mixture, tossing and evenly distributing prior to serving.