As far as comfort food goes, this Chicken and Mashed Potato Bake is pretty high on the list. With cream, moist chicken and garlic topped with a cheesy mashed potato, this is perfect for a weeknight dinner for the whole…
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Chicken Tenderloins
- 500 grams Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Corn Kernels frozen
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Chicken Stock add more as needed
- 1 Brown Onion chopped finely
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Boil them in a saucepan of hot salty water for 15 minutes or under very tender.
- Drain the pan of water and return the potatoes to the pan.
- Add 1/3 cup of the cream and mash well.
- In another pan, heat the olive oil then cook the crushed garlic and onion until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook five minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add the chicken stock and turn down the heat to medium - medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a few tablespoons of water and add to the stock mixture and stir well to thicken.
- Stir in the corn and remaining cream. Season to taste.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Dollop the mashed potato over the top so it forms a loose crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.