Want a one-dish meal that the whole family will love? Try our delicious and filling
Chicken Rice Casserole.
Layers of rice, chicken and vegetables in a soupy sauce with a crunchy topping – great for the whole family. This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken you might have from the roast (or takeaway) the night before.
If you want to make this recipe but you don’t have any leftover chicken, just bake some chicken breasts or chicken thights in the oven for 25 minutes on a sheet of baking paper. Alternatively you can be pre-cooked chicken from the deli at most supermarkets – it is delicious – I quite often buy it for school lunches.
Here is our delicious recipe for Chicken Rice Casserole!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Chicken, Cooked chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice cooked
- 1 tin Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 cups Cornflakes crushed
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Chicken and Rice Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a large baking tray lightly with canola oil.
- Spread the cooked rice evenly on the bottom of baking tray.
- Carefully pour the two cups of chicken stock over the cooked rice.
- Spread the broccoli and chopped chicken evenly over the rice layer.
- Mix together the sour cream and can of cream of chicken soup and pour evenly over the top of the chicken mix.
- Mix the melted butter and the crushed cornflakes together and spread evenly on top.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden.