Family Friendly Chicken Stroganoff
I’m a huge fan of Beef Stroganoff, but Chicken Stroganoff makes for a nice change and the kids much prefer it. It is less spicy than traditional stroganoff recipes, and the chicken just makes it a bit ‘softer’ – but still packed with taste.
You can use any type of chicken for this recipe, I do prefer the chicken thighs as they have a bit more flavour than chicken breasts – but use what you have on hand!
Enjoy your Chicken Stroganoff!
If you are wanting a different type of Stroganoff – try these:
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chicken thigh pieces
- Pasta noodles and steamed vegetables
- 1 kg Chicken Thigh Pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion diced finely
- 2 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 250 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika (or 3 tsp)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Pasta Noodles And Steamed Vegetables to serve
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cut the chicken thighs into bit sized pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and fry off until it starts to colour.
- Add the chicken pieces and mushrooms and cook for five minutes or until just cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to very low.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and sweet paprika and let it cook for two minutes.
- Break up the chicken stock cube and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the sour cream and stir until well combined.
- Heat through and serve the chicken stroganoff piping hot.