For parents looking for a meal that uses up leftover chicken, these Scrumptious Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are ideal.
We usually cook these later in the week, using leftover chicken, and they go down great with kids and adults. If you’re looking for something tasty and filling, try these Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes out!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, and lay the potatoes out on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or so, until soft.
- Make a partial cut lengthways on the potatoes and squeeze both sides. Spoon some of the soft insides into a bowl, leaving the skins and some of the flesh as is.
- To the sweet potato you have removed from the skins add the butter, the cream cheese and the mexican seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mash this with a fork until all combined, and then spoon back into the sweet potato skins.
- In another bowl mix the cooked shredded chicken with some BBQ sauce. Divide evenly between the sweet potatoes and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes, including a minute or two under the grill. Serve warm.