Whether you’ve made your own truffles before or not, these Chilli Chocolate Truffles are guaranteed to be a hit.
The chilli gives them a lovely warm flavour, but not too overwhelming and it pairs wonderfully with the chocolate. It’s a really great twist to the basic truffles – nothing like chilli to add a wow factor! These are the perfect ‘adult only’ treat that you can keep just for you!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Thickened Cream 175 millilitre
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 250 grams Dark Chocolate high quality, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder for coating
- 1 Red Chili chopped
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a small pot mix the cream, chilli and cardamom. Heat very gently to warm the mixture, then once it is warm remove from the heat and leave sitting, covered, to allow the flavours to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the cream through a sieve in order to remove the pieces of chilli, which you can then discard. Put aside the cream.
- Bring a saucepan full of water to the boil and remove from heat. Place a heatproof bowl into the water, ensuring it doesn’t touch the bottom. Add the cream and the chocolate, and set aside to allow it to melt.
- Once melted, stir well to combine, and pour into a flat container. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When it has set, scoop into small balls with a melon baller or teaspoon. Roll into a ball using your hands to make them more circular if you wish. Roll the balls gently in cacao powder. Cool again prior to serving.