These Choc Caramel Muffins are soft and gooey and all sorts of deliciousness! And, as a bonus they are almost guilt free and most definitely egg-free and wheat-free, as well as easily adapted to be gluten free if you have done the oats challenge and your doctor has given you the go ahead (use GF oats and baking powder) or dairy free (use dairy free chocolate instead of caramel bits, so they would be double chocolate muffins instead).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Place oats in a food processor or bullet and process until a very fine flour.
- Combine oat flour, cocoa, baking powder,bicarb soda, coconut, cinnamon and caramel bits in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl then add to dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Scoop mixture into a lined or greased muffin tray and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes or until only just set on top.
- Cool for 5 minutes in tray then place on wire rack to cool.