As a flavour pairing, it doesn’t get much better than the orange chocolate flavours of the Jaffa, which we’ve recreated in these delicious Choc Orange Muffins. We like them because the chocolate is far from overwhelming, they’re tangy, soft and super moreish, just like a good muffin should be!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups Plain Flour
- 125 grams Dark Chocolate Chips the mini variety
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 5 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line a 12-cup muffin pan with patty cups.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, dark chocolate chips, baking powder and bicarb soda. In another bowl cream the butter and the sugar together until they are smooth, then beat the eggs in one at a time. Stir through the orange juice, zest and buttermilk.
- Pour the flour mixture into this wet mixture and combine evenly. Then divide into muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Cool before removing from the pan.