So we found a new quick and easy recipe for comfort food to add to our favourite desserts/snacks: Choco Hazelnut Banana Spring Rolls.
This one is awesome because it only needs three ingredients – four if you serve it with ice cream which we totallyyy recommend.
Sometimes we use Nutella, but feel free to use any choco hazelnut spread you have out there. It’s a pretty easy, no-fuss recipe.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Take out the spring roll wrappers from the freezer an hour (or hours) prior cooking to ensure that it is defrosted properly.
- Heat a small pot with 1 inch deep oil for deep frying while you prepare the ingredients and make the Choco Hazelnut Banana Spring Rolls.
- Chop banana in small round slices or slice into two halves - depending on your preference.
- Place the banana on the spring roll wrapper, spread ample amount of choco hazelnut spread (as many as you want) on the bananas then wrap as you would do to vegetable or meaty spring rolls.
- Deep fry for a few minutes, flip the spring rolls while frying to ensure both sides are of golden brown colour.
- Drain for a bit to get rid of absorbed oil and then serve when it's not too hot anymore with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional).