This Chocolate and Banana Boobie Smoothie is a must try for breastfeeding mums!
Breastfeeding Mums often worry about their milk production, ‘Am I producing enough’, ‘Is my baby’s tummy full’, ‘How do I know my baby is getting enough?’
If you want something delicious to drink whilst boosting your milk supply, why not try this delicious Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Lactation Supporting Super Smoothie! This Chocolate and Banana Boobie Smoothie is full of good stuff! Both oats and flax seeds are known to boost milk production, while peanut butter is a wonderfully satisfying protein for hunger.
You can pick up flax seeds from either Woolworths or your local health food store. An alternative to flax seeds is brewers yeast, which is FANTASTIC for breast milk production – you can grab that at your local health food store too! Remember, nourishing yourself is as important as nourishing your baby!
Whip up this Chocolate and Banana Boobie Smoothie right now! Or if Chocolate and Banana isn’t your thang, try these other boobie smoothie flavours:
- Banana and Oat Boobie Smoothie
- Iron Infused Strawberry Boobie Smoothie
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Boobie Smoothie
Other tips to help you increase your breast milk supply:
- Feed your baby often
- Drink lots and lots of water to keep hydrated
- If your breasts hurt (and yes, breastfeeding does hurt…) – pop some fresh cabbage leaves in your bra. Not only does it sooth sore breasts, it is great for helping with mastitis!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Bananas ripe, frozen
- 1/4 cup Oats quick variety
- 1 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter or more to taste
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds increase up to 2tbs for extra boost
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder Or Cacao 100% if you can get it
- 3/4 cup Milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups Ice
- Pop the oats and the flax seeds into the blender and give them a few pulses to break them down.
- Add everything else into the blender and blend until well combined.
- Add in the ice and blend until well blended. Depending on how you like to enjoy your smoothie (i.e. with a spoon or a straw) add more ice.