Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1/4 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Brown Sugar 1 cup, firmly packed
- 85 grams Chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup Beetroot Drained and from the tin
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Self Raising Flour 2 cups
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Buttermilk half cup
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
Beat brown sugar and oil until creamy. Add egg and egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate, beetroot, buttermilk and vanilla. Add flour, bicarb and salt and beat until smooth.
Pour into cake tin and bake at 180 for 35-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Cool completely. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to a month.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Double wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese icing is a perfect way to finish the cake
- Works well cooked in muffin cases, just reduce the cooking time.
Recipe submitted by Cassy Billingsley