Time Needed Prep
- 1/4 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Brown Sugar 1 cup, firmly packed
- 85 g Chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup Beetroot Drained and from the tin
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Self Raising Flour 2 cups
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Buttermilk half cup
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients: Chocolate, Buttermilk
Please Note - Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Chocolate Beetroot Cake is a delicious chocolate cake that has a vegetable in it. Brilliant – has to be healthy then doesn’t it? That means an extra slice for me!
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Double wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese icing is a perfect way to finish the cake
- Works well cooked in muffin cases, just reduce the cooking time.