This recipe is brought to you by Affordable Wholefoods.
This recipe Chocolate Orange Jaffa Cake has just the right mix of sweetness and flavour.
It’s absolutely delicious, super easy to make and with so few ingredients. Enjoy!
This super delicious recipe is made using blanched almond meal, vegan dark chocolate buttons (made from pure cocoa mass) and organic raw sugar from Affordable Wholefoods, an online wholefoods retailer.
They sell quality wholefoods with a wide range of organic, non-organic and gluten free wholefoods at discounted prices. Check out their website and shop quality whole foods!
They deliver to anywhere in Australia.
Affordable Wholefoods stores can also found in Lismore and Coffs Harbour. Check out their Facebook.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Navel Oranges
- 6 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Meal
- 1 cup Organic Raw Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pure Cream (substitute With Coconut Cream For A Dairy Free Option)
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then simmer the oranges whole for 2 hours. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190’C and grease and line your cake tin.
- Place the oranges in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into a cake tin and cook for an hour and ten minutes – it may need a bit longer. (Note: the cake should be quite moist but pulling away from the edges of the tin and a skewer should come out fairly clean).
- Allow the cake to cool a little before removing from the tin to cool completely.
- For the ganache, Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted, smooth and glossy. You may need to add a little more cream to get the consistency right.
- Allow to cool a bit and thicken, then smear over the cake (don’t do this until the cake is cool) and you are ready to serve. Enjoy!