This Christmas Couscous Salad recipe is just the best!
I like Couscous and now I love the Pearl Couscous, it is so soft and tender and this recipe just sings Christmas. If you are looking for a large ‘Side Salad’ that is Christmassy – then you can’t go past this delicious recipe!
If you have never tried the Pearl Couscous before, it does taste different from ‘traditional couscous’ – it has a pasta like flavour that really absorbs all the flavours that it is cooked with. We cook the Pearl Couscous in chicken stock which gives it loads of flavour.
You can buy the Pearl Couscous from the pasta section of your local Supermarket.
This delicious recipe will feed 20 PEOPLE!!!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Pearl Couscous
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock (optional you may use water)
- 1 Celery
- 6 Spring Onions sliced
- 50 grams Dried Cranberries
- 40 grams Pine Nuts toasted
- 40 grams Almond Flakes toasted
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 Lime juiced
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pour chicken stock or water into large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add couscous pearls, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, the stock or water will be all absorbed when cooked.
- Add celery, spring onion and a tbsp of olive oil to a medium-sized fry pan and saute until almost soft.
- Add cranberries, peanuts and almonds and mix to combine.
- Again while couscous is cooking place all dressing ingredients in a bowl or jug, heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir and if sugar is not dissolved heat again for a further 30 seconds until all sugar is dissolved. Shouldn't take any longer than 2 minutes.
- Add cooked couscous pearls to the pan, mix through and place in serving bowl.
- Add dressing just prior to serving. You can also serve dressing in a jug on table that way it will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in refrigerator.