Christmas Eton Mess – Go Green! Even if you have no skill or inclination in making desserts, this is a recipe anyone can make and you have two choices. The first is the traditional way of baking and whipping from…
Christmas Eton Mess – Go Green!
Even if you have no skill or inclination in making desserts, this is a recipe anyone can make and you have two choices.
The first is the traditional way of baking and whipping from scratch with the recipe below.
The second is to buy the meringues and crush those babies up, top with whipped cream, chocolate and raspberries and your Christmas guests will be none the wiser!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 8 Egg Whites
- 4 tsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Berries Of Your Choice for decoration
- 1 Caster Sugar (500 Grams)
- 1 Cream (200ml) whipped
- 1 Green Food Colouring
- 1 Chocolate for decoration
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Beat the egg whites until silky peaks form
- Gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, allowing it to mix in between additions
- Once all the sugar has been added mix for another minute or so
- Add the cornflower, vinegar, vanilla and food colour and fold through with a metal spoon
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and dollop 2 heaped tbsp on the tray in mounds
- Place in the oven then turn the heat down to 120°C
- Bake for 50 mins, turn the oven off, leave the door ajar, and leave to cool down in the oven.
- Crumble the meringues into serving glasses or bowls, top with whipped cream, berries and chocolate.