Romeo & Juliet, Napoleon and Josephine, Popeye and Olive Oil… Matches made in heaven…
Like Chocolate and Peppermint…..
We don’t think so! Not only is it full of yummy peppermint tang that is just perfect for the holiday, it’s also moorish like you wouldn’t believe! We love the mixed dark and white chocolate recipe, but we only add the peppermint extract to the dark chocolate layer because the white chocolate is super creamy and delicious as is.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Prepare a baking dish about 20 x 30 cm wide by lining it with aluminium foil. Smooth out the wrinkles, because they make your bark weaker as it cools.
- Using whatever your preferred method is, melt your dark chocolate until it is smooth. If you don’t like dark chocolate, you can substitute milk chocolate instead.
- Stir through the peppermint extract, then pour the melted milk chocolate into your baking dish, spreading it evenly. Tap the dish on the counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles. Leave to cool on the side.
- Repeat the melting process with the white chocolate. Pour it carefully on top of the dark chocolate, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle straight away with the crushed peppermint candy canes, pushing them lightly into the white chocolate.
- Cool until set, then break up into serving sized pieces and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.