This Christmas Trifle recipe by Kirsten Tibballs is a festive dessert that you can whip up quickly.
It’s so yummy you’ll be shocked at how quickly you can whip this up!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Large Fresh Passionfruit
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Bulla Pure Cream (250ml)
- 1 Brown Sugar (250g)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Bulla Dollop Cream (A) 800ml
- 1 Icing Sugar (150g)
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- 4 Large Fresh Passionfruit
- 1/2 Gingernut Biscuits
- 1 Bulla Dollop Cream (B) 200ml
- 1 Small Block Callebaut Milk Chocolate
- 1 QS Icing Sugar, For Dusting
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the vanilla, salt, pure cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add in the butter and whisk together to create a butterscotch sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the dollop cream (A) with the icing sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Place one third of the cream/lemon mixture into the trifle bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the passionfruit and place a layer of the seeds on top of the cream.
- Add a layer of gingernut biscuits followed by a layer of butterscotch sauce. Repeat the process three times until the bowl is full. Reserve some passionfruit seeds for garnishing.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- To finish, spoon the dollop cream (B) on top of the trifle.
- Create chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler.
- Decorate the trifle with chocolate shavings and sprinkle the reserved passionfruit seeds on top.
- Finally, dust some icing sugar over the trifle.