Christmas Wild Turkey Balls
I went to make my yearly Rum Ball recipe the other day. Except I didn’t have any rum. I don’t drink enough to warrant going and buying a whole other bottle just to make them, so I thought I’d make do with what I had. Twelve years ago I bought a one litre bottle of Wild Turkey – which is my favourite except I don’t really drink (hangovers!)
I had 1/4 bottle of it left and gave it a whirl. Well, goodbye Rum Balls, because the Wild Turkey Balls were so much more…. Christmassy!
To me, the smell of Christmas has always been mixed fruit infused alcohol. Funnily enough it is a childhood memory – Mum would soak the fruit for weeks on end, and would keep adding booze every week until the dried fruit would literally pickle you when you ate them. I pretty much do the same thing now!
You can freeze these – but make them now and keep them in the fridge to ‘mature’ so they are really strong for Christmas Day!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Weetbix Biscuits
- Condensed Milk
- Wild Turkey Whiskey
- Place the dried fruit into a sealable container, pour over the Wild Turkey. Mix well.
- Seal and place in the fridge for a few days - allowing the fruit to absorb the alcohol.
- Crush the Weetbix in a large bowl. Add the cacao powder, the condensed milk and the coconut.
- Pour the dried fruit into a strainer and then add to the mix.
- Mix until combined.
- Roll in teaspoon mounds, roll to make a ball and cover in coconut or cocoa (depends on how you want them to look!).
- Place the balls in the fridge to harden.
- Allow to mature in the fridge (good for up to 8 weeks)