If you’re a fan of oatmeal or a nice warm porridge in the morning, you’re going to love this Cinnamon Semolina Porridge. Not only is it really warm and comforting, it’s also spicy and sweet.
We love it because it’s a simple stovetop breakfast, has a great texture (it might seem strange at first) and absorbs all flavours. Feel free to top with additional extras, they can really make this a special brekky.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2/3 cup Semolina
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or more to taste
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar or maple syrup
- 1 Extras (optional) Sultanas, Chia seeds, Mixed nuts or Butter
- In a pot add the milk, water, cinnamon and sugar. Stir to combine.
- To this add the semolina, and stir continuously. The semolina cooks quickly, so don’t leave it.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble (reaching a boil), turn the heat right down to low and continue to stir. Keep stirring until the porridge reaches your preferred consistency.
- Spoon out into bowls, and top with your choice of toppings.