Cinnamon Tea Cake is a nice simple cake to keep in freezer for those times that people just pop around without notice. A good cake for Frugal Living as it freezes well and uses basic ingredients!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar in a bowl
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl, the beaten egg, milk, vanilla essence and pinch of salt, mix until all combined.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour batter into a round greased cake tin and cook in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and turn over, cover the top with butter.
- Combine ground cinnamon, sugar and coconut and sprinkle over mixture.