Ooooh I remember when I was a kid and Mum’s Classic Baked Cheesecake, it just has that something special about it. This recipe will not disappoint either, it has truly stood the test of time!
My biggest hint for this recipe is NOT TO OPEN THE OVEN DURING COOKING. Honestly I’ve ruined many a baked cheesecake doing this…
Serve it with vanilla ice cream!
Now also this is a HUGE cheesecake – it has 1kg of cream cheese in it – so this would be perfect at a shin dig or wedding as a dessert!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Butter, soft
- Caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees, and grease a springform pan.
- Place the tin on foil that is larger than the pan and press the foil up against the sides firmly, so that it seals tightly.
- Crush the biscuits until like breadcrumbs (you can use any plain sweet biscuit).
- Add the melted butter and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Cream cheese beat until smooth and then add the castor sugar, lemon, vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just enough to be blended.
- Pour into your springform pan .
- Place the pan in a larger tin and half fill the largest pan with hot water till it is 2.5 cm high up the side.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours and the top is beautiful and brown.
- Let is cool in the pan.
- To loosen run a knife around the inside edge of tin and remove the side of pan.
- Put in fridge for at least 5 hours before serving.