The Honey-Glazed Ham is a classic for a reason. Each tender and juicy bite takes you back to your childhood and memories will fill you with warmth.
That’s the kind of magic food gives you. It is more than just eating! Of course, the fact that each bite is so tender and juicy makes it all the more enjoyable.
I love this classic honey glazed ham recipe because it’s so versatile.
You can use this ham in absolutely any other recipe and the flavours will work perfectly! As the honey caramelises and darkens you end up with a slightly sweet but smokey flavour.
Remember we have lots of recipes for leftovers – especially ham leftovers because we know how it is – so check out and have a look around!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Corn syrup
- 1 Leg Ham, Size Depends On How Many People You Are Feeding!
- 1 Handful Cloves
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Carefully cut around the outside of the skin, gently push your fingers under and wiggle them toward the bone, set the skin aside, you want to keep it to wrap around the leftover ham.
- With a small sharp knife score the fat of the ham in a criss-cross pattern and stud the ham with cloves. Place on a lined baking tray
- Heat honey, corn syrup and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat and stir to combine and brush the glaze over the ham.
- Bake for 1.5 hours basting every half hour.
- Store any leftover ham wrapped in its skin in a damp ham bag or a damp pillowcase for a couple of weeks, re-wetting every couple of days.