Coconut Pound Cake
Coconut Pound Cake is really a traditional tea cake. And if you are thinking, ‘Well WTF is a tea cake as opposed to a normal cakey cake?’ – well I’ll tell you. A tea cake is a light cake that doesn’t necessarily require icing, but is just as good with a smear of butter instead. Remember like Grandma used to serve cake to you as a child? This cake is just like that – it has a very light coconut icing – but meh – you don’t even NEED it at all.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to a low-ish 160 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and give it a light spray with canola oil and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar until it is light and fluffy - and you can't detect any sugar granules in the mix.
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl.
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- Slowly start adding the eggs, and alternate with the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the coconut milk whilst still beating.
- Fold through the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow cooling on a wire rack.
- Serve cooled with butter.