It is coming into summer and the delicious seafood is coming out on to the dinner tables again. These scrumptious Coconut Prawns are gluten free and dairy free, so sit down and enjoy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Green Prawns peeled & tails removed
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 cups Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Cornflour (we used gluten free)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat deep fryer to 190 degrees.
- Lightly coat prawns in cornflour, set aside.
- Beat egg whites until light & fluffy, set aside.
- Pour coconut into large bowl.
- Lightly coat each prawn in egg white then roll lightly in coconut and place carefully in hot oil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with Sweet chilli mayonnaise and lime wedges.