Condensed Milk Flavoured Chocolate Cake is a gift from the gods….
I’m on a Condensed Milk bandwagon at the moment…. Oh who am I kidding, I drink the stuff from the can. My arse would be a hell of a lot smaller if I didn’t touch the stuff, but I can’t help it. If there is an open tin in the fridge, I’m grabbing the teaspoon and digging right in!
So this cake is surprisingly light in texture seeing there is so much going on, but chocolate and condensed milk are a match made in heaven. Ice it with plain chocolate icing, nothing too fancy, and you’ll be enjoying large slices until there is only crumbs left!
If you are wanting to make it a birthday cake or celebration cake (like the picture) – double the recipe.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Condensed milk (1 tin)
- 405 grams Condensed Milk (1 Tin)
- 100 grams Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 ml Milk
- 200 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make the Condensed Milk Flavoured Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 22cm round cake tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the tin of condensed milk.
- Add the melted butter, the milk and vanilla extract. Mix well until just combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (self-raising flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda).
- FOLD the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour in the batter and carefully use a spatula to 'flatten' the mix and even out the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Ice when cold.