When I am craving lighter food, these Corned Beef Pita Pockets really hit the spot.
They’re fabulous for picnics or school lunches, too!
Next time you cook silverside make sure you have some leftovers so you can whip these babies up the next day.
This recipe makes enough for a party! But adjust the quantities to suit how many people you are feeding.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
For The Silverside
- 1.2 Beef
- 1 Water, Enough To Almost Cover The Beef
- 1 cup Malt Vinegar
For The Pita Pockets
- 8 Pita Pockets
- 1 Lettuce
- 1 Spanish Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- 2 Radishes, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tub Hummus
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the corned beef in a medium-sized stockpot and cover with water. Add vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for about 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- Remove beef from water, drain, cover and rest for 15 mins then slice.
- Carefully cut the pitas through the centre and open them up.
- Spread a layer of hummus then carefully start layering up the salad ingredients. Poke in a few pine nuts and enjoy!
- TIP: If you want to cook this beforehand firmly wrap the beef in a few layers of foil once your drain it to stop the beef from drying out, the foil will also keep it hot for about an hour.