Creamy Celery Soup is a nice creamy soup that is good to eat all year round especially on chilly nights. Soups are great at warming tummies.
What’s great about it too is that it’s easy to prepare and very filling! A perfect recipe to prepare for a family dinner. Still doubtful? You’ll have to taste it to believe it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion brown, chopped
- 1 bunch Celery washed, trimmed and chopped
- 500 grams Potato peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1000 ml Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, then fry onion and garlic until softened.
- Add celery and potatoes and stir fry on low heat for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, water, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Turn up heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes and celery are cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend.
- Add cream and stir well over a low heat until the creamy celery soup has been heated again.
- Serve with cheesy bread sticks, crusty bread rolls or garlic bread.