This delicious and comforting recipe for Creamy Chicken and Leek Casserole uses Thighs.
Yes, chicken thighs are a bit higher in fat, but they are far tastier and cheaper than chicken breast! This is a great family-friendly casserole that is rich and tasty.
Serve the dish with steamed green vegetables. You can also add some brown rice if you want it to go a lot further.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
How to Make Chicken and Leek Casserole:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large fry pan. Brown the chicken thighs on each side well, then remove and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour off any excess oil in the pan. Add the garlic and diced leek and cook for a few minutes or until softened. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add the white wine to the pan, cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and stir in the cream.
- Add the chicken thighs back into the pan, cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until the thighs are cooked through and are starting to fall off the bone.
- Alternatively, place the chicken thighs into a baking dish and pour the sauce over the top. Cover with aluminium foil and cook at 180 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.6.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with steamed green vegetables.