Creamy Rice Pudding
Creamy Rice Pudding is a yummy family favourite, to warm the cockles of your heart. It is a cheap and frugal pudding to make – perfect for using up leftover rice from the night before. Just place any leftover rice in the fridge to dry out slightly – for some reason this always yields a better result than when you use raw rice.
Jasmine or Basmati or even Arborio Rice is perfect – any white rice that you have will be great.
Just a note: never eat rice that has been in the fridge for more than three days – you will get food poisoning!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Ground Cinammon or Nutmeg
How to Make Creamy Rice Pudding
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and 2 cups of water. Bring the rice and water to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, set to one side.
- Mix combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, slowly add milk and stir over a medium heat, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, stir 1 cup hot milk mixture that has been thickened, into the beaten eggs.
- Add back into the milk mixture.
- Place back on heat and cook until nearly bubbly, but do not boil it.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and stir through.
- Add the cooked rice and raisins, stir gently. Sprinkle ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top to finish.