Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Ground Cinammon or Nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and 2 cups of water. Bring the rice and water to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, set to one side.
- Mix combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, slowly add milk and stir over a medium heat, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, stir 1 cup hot milk mixture that has been thickened, into the beaten eggs.
- Add back into the milk mixture.
- Place back on heat and cook until nearly bubbly, but do not boil it.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and stir through.
- Add the cooked rice and raisins, stir gently. Sprinkle ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top to finish.
- Now you can enjoy some warm creamy rice pudding! (Cold is pretty good too!)