If you only ever have your broccoli steamed, you really need to have a try of this Crunchy Bacon & Broccoli Salad. We know what you’re thinking: Broccoli salad? But we assure you it is just that good, and perfect for family dinners or BBQs! Make sure you use really fresh broccoli for maximum flavour!
If you’re looking to cut out some of the fat, try substituting the mayonnaise for greek yoghurt!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Rashers Of Bacon
- 1 cup Grated Cheese cheddar or similar
- 2/3 cup Cherry Or Grape Tomatoes cut in halves or quarters
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Almond Slices to top, optional
- 2 Broccoli Heads
- 1 Red Onion sliced
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Lay the bacon in a heated pan and cook until nice and crispy, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool, and then dice or tear into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into nice small florets. If you wish to use the stalk, peel the hard outer layer and cut the inside of the stalk into bite sized pieces.
- Blanch all the broccoli in boiling, salted water for around 60 seconds. This is just long enough to soften it but still leave it crunchy.
- Drain it well in a colander, then spread the pieces out on a clean and dry tea towel to steam dry until cool, which will allow the sauces to stick better to the broccoli. When cool and dry, add into a large bowl.
- Into this same bowl, add the bacon, cheese, tomato and onion. In another bowl add the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Whisk well and then pour over the salad.
- Cover the salad and allow to rest in the refrigerator to allow the flavours to come together. Serve!