If you’ve been looking for a recipe to make your ‘go to’ cheesecake recipe, we can assure you its going to be this Decadent Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.
Super rich and with just the perfect consistency, this cheesecake is going to blow away all the competition.
Please, please, please don’t skimp on the quality of your vanilla extracts and bean pastes on this one, they really do make or break the flavour!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat your oven to 190 and prepare a spring-form pan by lining it with baking paper. Crush your biscuits into a fine crumb.
- In a medium sized bowl, bring together both biscuit crumbs and the brown sugar. Mix well. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract, mixing into the crumbs until well combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottoms and the sides (if you want) of your spring-form pan. Bake in your preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 160 degrees.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, or in a stand mixer, beat t the cream cheese, butter and sugar until it appears fluffy and light.
- Add in the sour cream, cornstarch and vanilla bean paste and continue to mix until the resulting mixture is creamy and very smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into your cooled crust and bake in the oven for 60 minutes. You’ll find that the centre may not look fully set, but it will harden up once it’s cool.
- Don’t remove the cheesecake from the spring-form pan. Cool it in the fridge overnight, or for at least six hours, to set it.
- Remove from pan just before serving, and enjoy every last bite!