Mars Bars + Bounty Bars + Milky Way Bars..This Deep Fried Chocolate Galaxy Bars is out of this world!
This classic fish ‘n’ chip shop deep-fried treat never gets old! Although it can get a little sickly if you eat too many, as we discovered cooking these crunchy, gooey gems of indulgence!
A little tip here before you start, the oil will turn to crap after you cook these so even if you have a deep fryer, I find it better to do them in a pot and then I just toss the oil out afterwards. (But NOT down the sink people! Then you’ll have a whole new problem!)
One more little tip, you need to use your fingers to batter and drop them into the oil, I tried with tongs and I assure you, those babies we not good!
They tasted good, but they were damn ugly and had chunks of batter missing, which means the chocolate seeps into the oil and makes the oil unusable very quickly.
Think about it, do you ever see you local fish ‘n’ chip shop cook use tongs to batter you flake? Not in my world.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar To Dust - It Just Makes The Photographs Look Better! These Babies Are Not Exactly Picture-pretty! optional
- 3 Chocolate Bars - Milky Way, Bounty And Mars Chocolate Bar
- 1 Canola Or Vegetable, Enough To Reach In Your Pot 6cm or 7cm
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together
- Whisk together milk and water and add to the dry ingredients. Whisk it all together. It should resemble a thick pancake batter
- Heat oil in a deep-ish saucepan over medium heat. You want it at about 180°C. You can test with a thermometer or drop a little piece of bread into the oil and if it sizzles its ready.
- Position your batter bowl really close to the pot, dip one bar at a time then carefully drop it into the oil. Keep an eye on them, they don’t take long, flip them over after about 30 seconds so they brown evenly.
- Drain and go nuts eating them!