I first tried Apple Fritters in a B&B on the Sunshine Coast (The Spotted Chook – it was awesome!) and they were to die for!!!
This is the closest recipe to the taste sensation I tried that day!
This Apple Fritters recipe is mouthwatering and the taste will surely leave a mark on your heart just like the one in the Sunshine Coast did to me. The combination of cinnamon and apples is just so amazing it would feel like the dessert has just been sent from above once you take a bite!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Large Apples peeled, cored and cut into 1/2cm thick slices
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat in the egg and milk with a whisk.
- Pour the canola oil into a heavy based pan (pour the oil about 5cm deep) and heat until a small cube of bread browns in 1 - 2 minutes.
- On a dinner plate, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss the apple rings into the sugar mixture to coat.
- Then dip the apple slices into the batter using a fork.
- Fry the fritters in batches until golden brown on both sides - drain on kitchen paper.