Bread and Butter Pudding. Try this recipe. We recommend everybody will love it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Raisin Bread remove crusts
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams Strawberry Jam or Apricot Jam
- 5 Eggs
- 1000 ml Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish well.
- Butter the bread on both sides and spread with jam on one side and cut into triangles.
- Line the pie dish with the buttered bread.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Beat with electric beaters for a couple of minutes to aerate the mixture.
- Pour gently over the bread.
- Cook for approximately 60 minutes (check mixture frequently - it is ready when the mixture resembles custard).
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.