It is hard this time of year with all the sweet things around to find something suitable for Diabetics. Here is a fruit mince recipe to try for this Christmas.
Recipe by Stay at Home Mum’s Food Editor, Cassy Billingsley
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots finely diced
- 1/2 cup Dates pitted and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Sultanas
- 1/2 cup Prunes pitted and finely diced
- 1/3 cup Glace Cherries chopped
- 1/3 cup Mixed Peel
- 1 Apple peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 1 tbsp Brandy (optional)
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until sauce is thick and fruit is plump.
- Allow to cool before using in any recipes.