“I take this Diabetic Fruit Cake often to morning and afternoon teas and it is always popular! The dried fruit can be placed in a colander and boiling water poured over the fruit to remove any excess sugar.”
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chocolate essence
- 1 kg Mixed Dried Fruit
- 600 ml Skim Milk
- 6 tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 tsp Chocolate Essence (available from the baking section of your supermarket)
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- Place fruit, milk, coffee and chocolate essence in a bowl.
- Allow to stand for two to three hours until liquid has been absorbed.
- Add flour to bowl and stir mixture until well combined. Pour into a round or square cake tin (greased and lined).
- Bake in moderate oven approximately 45 - 60 minutes.
- Test with skewer in centre of cake to see if cooked through. Stand on cake rack till cool.