When you’ve got a hankering for baked potatoes and these Double Baked Loaded Potatoes provide a delicious fix.
They’re crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, and with flavours of bacon and cheese abound. Oh gosh! So yummyyy…
You can make this varied by adding almost anything else to the filling on these, so go wild!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Potato Baking variety
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Bacon Rashes diced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and line a baking tray with foil
- Clean your potatoes well by scrubbing the skin, then rub or brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Stab them a few times with a fork, to help with cooking.
- Spread the potatoes out on your baking sheet, and cook for around an hour (or less depending on your oven) until they are completely soft and can be pierced with a fork. The skins should also appear dry.
- As the potatoes are baking, you can make the stuffing. In a pan on medium heat cook the diced bacon until the fat has rendered and is crisp to your preference. Remove the bacon with a fork or slotted spoon, leaving on paper towels to drain.
- Pour away all but about 1tsp of the bacon fat. Cook the onions until they are caramelised, adding salt if you want. When the onions are nice and golden, stir through the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough that you can touch them, slice them in half with a sharp knife and scoop out the inside, leaving about 1cm (or slightly less) around the edge. Mash this potato along with the onion, garlic and bacon, then add the sour cream and three-quarters of the cheese. Taste it, adding salt and pepper as to your preference.
- Arrange the hollowed out potato skins on the baking sheet. Divide the filling evenly between them, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. You can bake them straight away, or fridge them to bake later.
- When you do bake them, they need 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the filling is crisp on top. Serve straight away after baking.