This Double Chocolate Caramel Christmas Slice will definitely a family favourite.
Not surprisingly though. It has everything you need for a sweet treat!
You don’t need to add the final flourish of red and green; it just to makes it look festive and Christma-sy!
The base recipe is easy to make but if you want to gift this to family and friends, I’d say practise makes perfect when it comes to the decor.
Although it doesn’t have to be too perfect!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Chocolate Ripple Cookies, Broken Up
- 1 Butter (100g) melted
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Sweetened Condensed Milk (395g Tin)
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp Small Pinch Of Good Quality Sea Or Lake Salt
- 1 Dark Or Milk Chocolate (220g)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 100 grams White Chocolate melted
- 1 Red Or Green Food Colour
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin.
- Place cookies in a food processor and blitz until they are crumbs, add the butter and blitz to combine. Push the cookie mix into the base of the pan and place in the fridge.
- Place a small saucepan on low heat and add condensed milk, golden syrup, salt and 30g butter and cook for about 7-9 mins or until it’s a light golden colour then pour over the cookie base.
- Bake for 10 mins, allow to cool a little, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, chocolate and vegetable oil together and pour over the caramel and place back in the fridge to set.
- Melt white chocolate then stir in food colouring.
- Put the chocolate in a piping bag with a small hole or nozzle and sweep the coloured chocolate over the slice on the diagonal.