Coffee is life for us, let’s be honest, which is why these Dusted Coffee Cookies are pretty much the greatest thing in our lives right now. They’re effortlessly delicious and delightfully rich in coffee flavours. These cookies are dusted in cocoa, and it does pay to use good quality cocoa for it. The cocoa will be bitter, but that bitterness adds to the coffee flavour. If you aren’t sure about the cocoa, use is sparingly. These Dusted Coffee Cookies are definitely adults only, the flavour will probably be too much for kids.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Vanilla bean paste
- Cocoa powder
- Cocoa powder
- 125 grams Butter chopped, softened
- 250 grams Brown Sugar
- 120 grams Golden Syrup
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 320 grams Plain Flour about 2 1/3 cups
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 1/4 tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- Cocoa Powder to dust on cookies
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl add the butter, sugar and syrup and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and pale in colour
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to beat. Then add the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb soda and ground coffee beans. Beat until mixture has just combined.
- Roll dough into balls of around 2-3 tsp and place on baking trays. You’ll need several trays if you’re baking the cookies all at once.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, and then rest to cool on a rack for around 10 minutes.
- Sift extra cocoa powder over the top as desired, for another bitter flavour that brings out the coffee.