This cake is super easy to make and it tastes divine! Great for afternoon tea, that mid morning visit from Nanna, or school lunches. AND it freezes really well. What more could you ask for?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 250 grams Butter softened
- 3 Bananas over ripe
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup or treacle
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour Wholemeal
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 100 grams Cream Cheese Icing
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with the golden syrup or treacle until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir in the walnuts and sifted flour and ginger.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- When cold, ice with cream cheese icing.