Eggnog is a wonderful Christmas beverage, but sometimes we just want to do something different, wthen these Eggnog Cheesecake Bars come in.
They’re super dense and delicious on the bottom, but silky smooth thanks to a unique method of baking.
This is a grown up recipe, spiked with a nice amount of brandy. We’ve dusted with a thick coat of icing sugar, but to really spice things up you can also use fresh ground nutmeg!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare a 20 or 22cm square baking dish by spraying with cooking spray or greasing in your preferred manner.
- In a bowl, mix together the digestive biscuit crumbs, the melted butter, and around 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar. Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan, and bake in pre-heated oven for about 12 minutes, or until just brown at edges.
- While the base is baking, beat the (room temperature) cream cheese with an electric mixer until it is fluffy. This is best done on a medium speed. To the fluffy cream cheese add the rest of the sugar, the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla, flour, brandy, and nutmeg. Beat until mixture is very, very smooth.
- Pour filling over slightly cooled crushed.
- Set the baking pan inside a larger roasting pan and add hot water, pouring until the water reaches about half-way up the pan. This will create gorgeous texture in your bars.
- Carefully place this into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cheesecake has just set.
- Remove the pan from its ‘water bath’ and pop it onto a wire rack. Cool for half an hour, then refrigerate for 3 hours minimum, or overnight for best results.
- Dust with icing sugar or more nutmeg, both optional, and cut into bars.