This is a Spanish dish that is similar to the Aussie Pasties, and is freaking delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Beef Mince (Lean)
- Corn kennels
- Mixed herbs
- 4 Puff Pastry (sheet)
- 500 grams Beef Mince (Lean)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 tsp Garlic (Minced)
- 425 grams Corn Kennels
- 2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 100 grams Butter, Melted to brush pastry
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat oil in fry pan add onion and cook for 2 minutes until clear.
- Add mince and garlic and stir until mince is browned. Reduce heat to low and add corn, cumin seeds, mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 200 oC.
- Lay pastry sheets on bench and cut diagonally. If you would like two large Empanadas only cut once, otherwise cut both diagonals so you have 4 triangles with each pastry sheet (we made large ones).
- Place two large spoons of mix onto one half of your pastry triangle, leaving a 1 cm gap around the edges. Then fold the other side of pastry over creating a pastry triangle parcel. Press the edges down with your fingers or a fork to seal. Repeat until all mince mix is used.
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush pastry with melted butter.
- Cook in hot oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.