This Extraordinary Lemon Cake recipe will make rainy Mondays feel warm and sunny. Extremely delicious and pairs well with tea! If you’re looking for an afternoon dessert that’s yummy but you want to take a break from chocolate, then this recipe is…
This Extraordinary Lemon Cake recipe will make rainy Mondays feel warm and sunny.
Extremely delicious and pairs well with tea! If you’re looking for an afternoon dessert that’s yummy but you want to take a break from chocolate, then this recipe is perfect!
This cake also freezes really well. So if you have a big glut of fresh lemons, make a few cakes at a time and freeze them for later.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour plain
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice add 1 more tbsp if you want to strengthen lemon flavour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk regular milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Zest
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1-2 tsp Milk optional
- 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar sifted
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 110 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees C then grease and flour a large loaf pan.
- After that, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter and sugar together in a different bowl. Beat until it is mixed well and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, eggs and then the sour cream.
Mix the flour mixture and the buttermilk at low speed. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter to the pan and bake for 30 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool then freeze for a few minutes before frosting.
- For the frosting, use another bowl to beat together the butter and cream cheese. Beat well until the ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Then, add in the icing sugar. Also add in the lemon juice, salt and a teaspoon of milk (optional). Mix thoroughly.
- Frost the cake using a flat edge knife.