Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour all purpose
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice add 1 more tbsp if you want to strengthen lemon flavour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk regular milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Zest
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1-2 tsp Milk optional
- 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar sifted
- 4 Oz Brick-style Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven for 350F degrees then grease and flour the baking pan.
- After that, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter and sugar together in a different bowl. Beat until it is mixed well and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, eggs and then the sour cream.
Mix the flour mixture and the buttermilk at low speed. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter to the pan and bake for 30 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool then freeze for a few minutes before frosting.
- For the frosting, use another bowl to beat together the butter and cream cheese. Beat well until the ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Then, add in the powdered sugar. Also add in the lemon juice, salt and a teaspoon of milk (optional). Mix thoroughly.
- Frost the cake using a flat edge knife.