Once you’ve had your first bite of these unbelievably good Extravagant Cheesecake Brownies, you’ll be hiding them in the fridge so no-one else can find them.
The first stint in the oven is only partially cooking the brownie base so there is no need to panic if it doesn’t look perfect at that stage. The most important part of the recipe is the patient cooling of the dish. If you rush this step the cheesecake will not set as well as it could.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Line baking tray or casserole dish with baking paper, extending 2cm above the edge on all sides and preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place butter and chocolate in a small saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until small peaks form.
- Stir in chocolate mix and fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Pour brownie mixture evenly into prepared tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes then remove and leave oven on.
- In separate bowl, beat egg, cheese and sugar with electric mixer until combined well, add cream and beat until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over hot brownie base and return to oven for 25 minutes or until edges and top golden.