Even if you aren’t on a gluten free diet, there is something really special about a Flourless Chocolate Cake. It is so dense and rich – and makes for a really great pudding if you serve it hot with cream and perhaps even some ice cream or custard. This delicious version uses Almond Meal – which is just so delicious.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a bowl and set the bowl over simmering water to melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Let cool a little.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the butter mixture together with the almond meal and melted chocolate.
- Mix well to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and add to the batter, mixing gently.
- Put the batter into a 20cm round cake tin and bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in the tin for about 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate.