French Onion Cob Loaf Dip
The good ole French Onion Cob Loaf Dip is a classic that will never go out of style!
You can use this recipe in one standard-sized cob loaf or split it up between 5 or 6 dense round bread rolls for a single-serve French Onion Cob Loaf Dip.
Get creative and swap out the types of cheese too, pretty much any cheese will work.
TIP: You can make this recipe a day before, prepare it to the stage where it goes in the oven, cover with foil and keep it in the fridge overnight. You will need to cook it longer – maybe 40 mins covered and 15 minutes uncovered.
Other cob loaf dip recipes we have include:
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1 Pack Of Bacon, 8 Rashers sliced into strips
- 500 grams Cream Cheese
- 300 ml Sour Cream
- 1 Packet French Onion Soup
- 1 1/4 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Mozarella Cheese , grated or ball that are torn apart
- 6 Spring Onions finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper And Salt
- 1 cup Chives to garnish
- 1 Cob Loaf
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make French Onion Cob Loaf Dip:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut a circle from the top of the cob and gently pull chunks of the bread from its inside. Place the bread on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, crack over some pepper and salt and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat well to loosen the consistency. Add sour cream and French onion soup and beat again. Add cheddar, mozzarella, parsley, bacon, spring onions, salt, pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the cob on an oven tray and spoon in your cheesy mixture, pop its top on, loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cheese has heated through enough to stretch.
- When you remove the foil, place the bread chunks in the oven for bake for about 15 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Scatter over the chives and jump on it while it's hot and gooey!