Have you ever made traditional French Onion Soup from scratch? Our French onion soup recipe is quite easy to make, a common dish done uncommonly well.
Besides, there is nothing better than a warm, delectable, fragrant home-made soup.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 large Onions White
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1250 ml Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 4 Crusty Bread
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Peel the onions, cut in half and slice very thinly.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pot and cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat until golden.
- Pour the beef stock over the onions. Cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the crusty bread into slices, add the cheese and grill until golden.
- Pour the soup into bowls and place the toasted cheese bread on top.
- See? Easy peasy. Serve with crusty bread while piping hot!