Fried Chicken is delicious for a Sunday lunch or a birthday treat, especially when served with a delicious hot potato salad. This version is crispy and delicious and is a perfect way to use chicken legs which are quite often picked up cheap at the supermarket! For best results, soak the chicken in the milk overnight – it makes it moist and tender!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- The night before you want the fried chicken, place the defrosted drumsticks into a large bowl, and pour the litre of milk over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it soak in the fridge overnight or at the bare minimum four to six hours. (Soaking the drumsticks will make the chicken meat tender and moist when cooking.)
- In a plastic bag, pour in the flour and the seasonings and mix well.
- Take the drumsticks out of the milk (discard the milk).
- Place the drumsticks in the bag (two at a time) and coat well with the flour.
- Place on a plate. When all are well coated, beat the two eggs, adding 1/2 cup of water to the egg mixture.
- Re-dip the drumsticks into the egg mixture - and again bread them with the flour mixture.
- Shallow fry the drumsticks until brown and crispy.
- Place on a wire rack in a preheated oven (180 degrees) and cook until drumsticks are cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Serve with potato salad and fresh garden salad.